June 26, 2016

Different books, different genres.



Over the years I've dabbled in several different genres of writing and been fortunate enough to have some of my works published in each. It's been a dream come true for me. I feel so very blessed, not only to have my work published, but to have met so many wonderful writers and illustrators that I now call my friends.

Lately I've found myself quite busy on several new projects in various genres, and I'm loving every minute of it. Working on more than one at a time for some writers can be a good thing or a bad thing. Fortunately for me, (at least this time) it's been a good thing as it seems to be keeping my creative juices flowing.

Sometimes it takes a while for a writer to discover their niche/genre. But when they do, most know it right away. And in some cases it may not be one, but several they're good at. But I've found there's always a favorite that we seem to enjoy and work in the most.

What is your favorite genre to read/write, and why? I'd love to hear from you! :)



2 comments:

  1. Having various genres to focus on can keep things alive and moving in one's creative spirit! Me? Children's books are my first favorite...and then biographies. However, I don't see myself writing biographies anytime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Alexandra! As you know, I love writing for children most of all. As far as reading, I love the classics, such as Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I seem to always search out the English historical fiction. (home of my ancestors) Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete