Writer's woes.



It's almost noon here in southern Arizona and I can look forward to another very warm sunshiny day. I hope you're enjoying a bit cooler weather where you live.

I've been kept busy with life's little day to day obstacles we all have to face and it's really cut down on the ability to focus on my writing. I have so many unfinished projects, I don't know where to begin once I do find a spare moment just for myself..

I suppose all writers face common problems. One of mine is finding a quiet place where I can think and not be disturbed. (My dream is a little cabin in the woods, but I can't see that happening any time soon.) My favorite place to read and to write is my bedroom, but it was too small, so my desk and computer is in another room. I've often thought about hanging a "DO NOT DISTURB. WRITER AT WORK" sign, but I've noticed my other half becomes suddenly blind when he gets hungry or wants to talk. Should I try it anyway? Hmm...

Oh well, life goes on and we do what must be done. I'm grateful for each and every day I'm given. We're not promised tomorrow, so let's appreciate whatever blessing comes our way, however big or small it might be.

Have a wonderful and safe week end my friends!



2 comments:

  1. Finding a place to seclude yourself when working on creative endeavors can be an issue. I don't think the sign would work all the time, but it may deter him from disturbing you at times. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right, Arnoldo. I'm not sure it would work all the time, but I'm thinking I just might give it a try very soon. :)

      Delete