Different books, different genres.



Over the years I've dabbled in several different genres of writing and been fortunate enough to have some of my works published in each. It's been a dream come true for me. I feel so very blessed, not only to have my work published, but to have met so many wonderful writers and illustrators that I now call my friends.

Lately I've found myself quite busy on several new projects in various genres, and I'm loving every minute of it. Working on more than one at a time for some writers can be a good thing or a bad thing. Fortunately for me, (at least this time) it's been a good thing as it seems to be keeping my creative juices flowing.

Sometimes it takes a while for a writer to discover their niche/genre. But when they do, most know it right away. And in some cases it may not be one, but several they're good at. But I've found there's always a favorite that we seem to enjoy and work in the most.

What is your favorite genre to read/write, and why? I'd love to hear from you! :)



2 comments:

  1. Having various genres to focus on can keep things alive and moving in one's creative spirit! Me? Children's books are my first favorite...and then biographies. However, I don't see myself writing biographies anytime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Alexandra! As you know, I love writing for children most of all. As far as reading, I love the classics, such as Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights. I seem to always search out the English historical fiction. (home of my ancestors) Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete