Keeping busy



I'm beginning to see a lot of pretty posts about Fall lately and it makes me feel all warm and cozy. I so welcome the change from hot and humid to warm and cozy, don't you? I look forward to the lovely Fall colors and cooler weather with open arms!
 
And speaking of cooler weather, my illustrator and her husband are now well on their way to jolly old England on family business, but she assured me she will be hard at work on my newest children's book while she's there. Stay tuned in for a release date. August is just around the corner!
 
I have many new projects keeping me busy, ( that's why I've been absent from my blog ) one of which includes a new book of poetry. This will include a short selection of my story poems as well as a miscellaneous selection of my personal favorites, some new and some previously published. Other new projects I am not ready to reveal as yet, but I can tell you I am wearing a big smile as I type!



9 comments:

  1. Very creative autumn photography and lovely blog !

    Happy Days to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Carol. And thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so exciting, a book to be released in August and another in the making. I have written and illustrated a couple of books, but after a couple of rejections from publishers, I gave up. I know it usually takes multiple submissions, but I just haven't had the energy to do it. Anyway, congratulations on all the exciting book publishing deals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Arnoldo. Yes, it is exciting. Actually, "Ladybug! Ladybug!" will be my first book to be shelved at a Barnes & Noble book store, and I owe it all to my wonderful illustrator, Alexandra MacVean. Don't give up! With your talent it will happen for you too.

      Delete
    2. Awwww Arnoldo. You can always do self-publishing. Many are quite successful starting out in that direction. :)

      Delete
  4. ...put a smile on my face popping in to visit and seeing you wrote a few lines about us. lol Yes, working hard so we can launch our book!! :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping in, Alexandra! Sorry I'm so late in seeing this, but it seems I'm on the go a lot lately. I know you've been working hard on our book, and what I've seen so far is just amazing! Can't wait for the release date to arrive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Arnoldo. Hoping to post the release of Ladybug! Ladybug! tomorrow. I've had a few set backs, but it will be well worth the delay. :)

      Delete